October 3, 2012
The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has announced the finalists for its 2012 Rising Star of the Year Award.
Four out of five finalists hail from Victoria, with Western Australia the only other state represented in the shortlist.
This year’s AFA Rising Star of the Year Award Finalists are:
- Angus Gallagher – Knightcorp Life Insurance & Wealth Management (Western Australia)
- Cameron Forbes – Forbes Financial Planning (Victoria)
- Matt Hale – Financial Design for Life (Victoria)
- Meike Suggars – Suggars & Associates (Victoria)
- Scott Mitton – RI Advice (Victoria)
The Award, which has been running with the support of OnePath since its inception in 2005, recognises the best new advisers who provide quality, holistic advice, demonstrate a commitment to education, and make a valuable contribution to their industry and community.
According to OnePath’s Head of Retail Product Marketing and Reinsurance, Gerard Kerr, the Award plays an important role in ensuring the future growth of the financial industry.
Richard Klipin, AFA CEO, said: “The Award continues to uncover great talent across Australia. The commitment and capability of this year’s finalists demonstrate that the future of the profession is in good hands.”
The winner of the 2012 Award will join previous recipients:
- 2011 – Mark Rattigan, WA
- 2010 – Andrew Shakespeare, NSW
- 2009 – Christopher Southgate, Vic
- 2008 – Brad Fox, Vic
- 2007 – Chris Browne, Vic
- 2006 – Jason Danjoux, NSW
- 2005 – Esther Althaus, Vic
The winner will be announced at the AFA’s National Conference, to be held from 28 – 30 October at the RACV Royal Pines Resort on the Gold Coast.