September 17, 2013
The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has released the names of the six finalists in the 2013 AFA Adviser of the Year Award.
Now in its eleventh year, this Award acknowledges the best advisers in the industry, recognising their leadership, advocacy and innovation in the financial service sector. The 2013 finalists are:
- Justine Back – Back to Back Financial Planners (AMPFP, NSW)
- William Bracey – Sydney Financial Planning (AMPFP, NSW)
- Jenny Brown – JBS Financial Strategists (PIS, Vic)
- Rory Mooney – Wealth By Design (Apogee, SA)
- Mark Rando – Rando & Associates (Millennium3, WA)
- Kylie Wright – Ulton Financial Planning (PIS, Qld)
AFA CEO, Brad Fox, said the six finalists had undergone a rigorous 360-degree assessment process. “The finalists are judged on education, experience and contribution to the industry,” he said.
Assessment criteria include elements such as the use of technology and processes in the adviser’s business, their client feedback process, complaints handling procedures, business cashflow management and business planning techniques.
“This is an opportunity to not only recognize the outstanding abilities of the final six, but also to acknowledge the significant number of nominations for the Award from right across Australia,” Mr Fox said. “The nominations are becoming more difficult to judge each year, with many more advisers demonstrating their skills and talents and providing an example for others to emulate.”
This is the second consecutive year in which the finalists boast an even gender representation, reinforcing the growing role of women within the financial services sector and the high quality advice they deliver.
Sponsored by Zurich since its inception, the six finalists will gather in Sydney later this month to deliver a presentation to the Award’s judging panel. The winner will then be announced at a gala event on the final night of the 2013 AFA National Conference, being held on the Gold Coast from 13 – 15 October.
The roll-call of previous winners of the AFA Adviser of the Year is:
- 2012 – Olivia Maragna, Qld
- 2011 – Troy MacMillan, WA
- 2010 – Steve Salvia, WA
- 2009 – Graham Campbell, Qld
- 2008 – Paul Daily, Qld and Adam Smith, WA
- 2007 – Philip Young, NSW
- 2006 – Troy Edmondson, Qld
- 2005 – Jim Taggart, NSW
- 2004 – Brian Boggs, NSW
- 2003 – Bernie Toohey, Vic