August 29, 2017
- AFA Announces Education Award Finalists;
- Female Excellence in Advice Award Semi-Finalists Named;
- AIA Priority Protection on Macquarie Wrap;
- Hillross Turns 30
AFA Announces Education Award Finalists
The AFA and Asteron have announced the finalists for its 2017 Excellence in Education Award set to be announced later this year at the Association’s National Adviser Conference.
The five finalists are:
- Jonathan Chong, Financial Adviser Goodwin Financial Services (NSW)
- Justin O’Donoghue, Principal, Vintage Wealth (NSW)
- Bradley Smith, Director & Adviser, Smith Wealth Partners (WA)
- Helen Russo, Financial Planner, Encompass Wealth – Financial Life Planning (QLD)
- Michael Ward, Director, Maxim Private Wealth (WA)
Female Excellence in Advice Award Semi-Finalists Named
The AFA also announced a 40% increase in the number of applications received for its Female Excellence in Advice (FEIA) Award compared with last year.
Announcing the 10 semi-finalists for the Award, the AFA stated that 42 female financial advisers applied for the Award, which is a joint initiative by the AFA and TAL.
The semi-finalists are as follows and move onto the next round of judging consists of in-depth interviews to determine the finalists:
- Amanda Pond, Financial Adviser/Lifestyle Money Coach, Puddle 2 Pond Financial
- Amie Wild, Director & Financial Adviser, Avanti Advisers
- Christina Cabrera, Founder, Wisdom of Wealth for Women
- Kath Orman, Senior Financial Planner, Goals & Dreams
- Katherine Hann, Financial Adviser & Practice Principal, Financial Wisdom
- Lea Schodel, Founder, Wellthy
- Nicole Heales, Principal Adviser & Broker, Nicole Heales Financial
- Sacha Burchgart, Founder/Managing Director, Burcheart
- Simone Richardson, Director, Tall Poppy Wealth
- Susan Morris, Financial Adviser, Northern Wealth Advisory Group
- Tracey Sofra, Principal Financial Planner, Sofcorp Financial Services
The finalists for the FEIA Award will be announced in September 2017 and the winners of both Awards will be announced at this year’s AFA National Adviser Conference in mid October.
AIA Priority Protection on Macquarie Wrap
AIA Australia’s Priority Protection for Platform Investors (PPPI) life insurance product is now available on the Macquarie Wrap investment platform
The move lifts the numbers of platforms through which advisers can access the PPPI product to 17
AIA Australia Chief Retail Insurance Officer, Pina Sciarrone said PPPI offered through platforms provided efficiency gains for advisers, including flexible pricing, a 15% rebate applied to eligible super policies and comprehensive client reporting, and a seamless experience for their clients.
Hillross Turns 30
Financial adviser group Hillross has celebrated its 30th anniversary stating that it has provide advice to more than 100,000 clients since 1987.
The group, which is owned by AMP, currently has 319 financial advisers across Australia with one of the highest proportion of certified financial planners (CFP) in the profession.
Hillross Managing Director, Dean Thomas said, “We partner with our clients for the long term, offering a unique and personalised experience that’s tailored to their needs and financial dreams.”
“We offer advisers the boutique positioning of a small licensee….while having access to the commercial intelligence and investment capacity of AMP, the largest financial advice network in the country,” Thomas said.