July 31, 2018
- IOOF to Complete ANZ Advice Acquisition Ahead of Schedule
- TAL Begins 2018 Adviser Roadshow
IOOF to Complete ANZ Advice Acquisition Ahead of Schedule
IOOF has announced that it will complete its acquisition of ANZ’s aligned financial advice businesses ahead of schedule and will obtain legal ownership of the businesses from 1 October.
The transition of ownership from ANZ to IOOF was announced mid-October 2017 with the deal, which also included the purchase of the ANZ’s wealth management and pensions business, scheduled to take a year.
While the four advice businesses owned by ANZ – RI Advice, Millennium 3, Financial Services Partners and Elders Financial Planning- will begin trading under IOOF’s banner from 1 October, the full transition of the other business arms will be completed in March 2019 and is dependent on the separation of OnePath’s life insurance business, which has been sold to Zurich.
TAL Begins 2018 Adviser Roadshow
More than 1,500 advisers have registered for TAL’s 2018 Adviser Roadshow which will visit 19 locations in six states and the ACT during August and September.
The roadshow will begin in Adelaide on 1 August and will visit all states and territories, except the Northern Territory, and will include presentations from TAL’s senior executive team including
- Brett Clark, TAL Group CEO and Managing Director
- Justin Delaney, TAL Chief Operating Officer
- Tim Thorne, TAL Chief Distribution Officer
- Niall McConville, TAL General Manager, Retail Distribution
- Gavin Teichner, TAL General Manager, Individual Life
- Sally Phillips, TAL General Manager, Health Services
Phillips will cover how TAL is working with advisers to support their customers’ health and wellbeing, and the life insurer will be launching the next phase of its current Health Sense program.
Full event details are available here – taladviserroadshow2018.com.au