August 23, 2018
MLC Life Insurance has appointed seven new staffers to its group life insurance team hiring them from its competitors over the recent months.
The appointments have resulted in the formation of a new client solutions team, which will be led by Head of Client Solutions, Eliana Leopold who joined MLC Life Insurance in March 2018.
Also joining the life insurer are:
- Phil Mullins who joined from CommInsure in late 2017 and takes on the role of Head of Pricing and Profitability
- George Nafpliotis who will lead Product Innovation after joining MLC Life from TAL in late 2017
- Holly Nicholas, who was previously with TAL, will take on the role of Senior Partnership Manager at MLC Life
- Michele Armstrong has also moved over from TAL to become Pricing Analytics Manager
- Ann-Maree Lynch who has been named as Transition Experience Manager after joining from Suncorp two months ago
- Cory Deakin who will take on the role of Product Innovation Manager after moving across from ANZ in June 2018.
MLC Life Insurance Chief Customer Officer, Group Insurance, Suzanne Smith said the additions were required after the insurer won a group insurance tender for Vision Super earlier this year and to support its current tender with Energy Super.
“As the life insurance sector undergoes vast change and member expectations shift, we need to ensure we’re providing the right support to superfunds now and in the future. With a commitment to working with superfunds to provide more value, we want to play a larger role in group insurance market and challenge the more established group insurers,” Smith said.
“We’re thrilled to bring together a talented group of professionals as we continue our plans to innovate and grow, while viewing everything through the lens of our superfunds, trustees and members. We want to support them in the best possible way and deliver great experiences. These appointments are essential to achieving our business plans,” she added.