October 12, 2018
The FPA Board has announced that Marisa Broome will take over the role of Chair from Neil Kendall when his term concludes towards the end of November.
Broome, who is a Sydney-based adviser running her own practice since 1997, has been an FPA Board member since 2015, and is the Chair of the Policy and Regulations Committee and the FASEA Working Group, and is a member of the Audit and Risk Management Committee of the FPA Board.
Kendall will step down on 21 November ending his eight-year tenure on the Board, including four years as Chair and said Broome’s experience in running her own practice for more than 20 years would equip her to understand the challenges facing the advice profession.
The Board also announced that Director Philip Pledge will step down from his role on 31 December 2018 after 10 years while Paul Ruiz would join from 1 January 2019.
The Association also announced the finalists for all six categories of the 2018 FPA Awards, which will be presented at the FPA Professionals Congress in Sydney in November, along with the winner of the bi-annual Gwen Fletcher Memorial Award.
The Awards recognise the achievements of financial planners, paraplanners, students and practices who have made a positive difference in the lives of clients, and delivered the highest professional and ethical standards outlined in the FPA Code of Professional Practice.
The finalists for each Award are:
FPA CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® Professional of the Year Award
- Michael Carmody CFP – Viva Wealth (WA)
- James McFall CFP – Yield Financial Planning (VIC)
- Chris Smith CFP – VISIS Private Wealth (QLD)
FPA Financial Planner AFP® of the Year Award
- Felicity Cooper AFP – Cooper Wealth Management (QLD)
- James O’Reilly AFP – Northeast Wealth (VIC)
- Sandra Slattery AFP – Commonwealth Financial Planning (NSW)
FPA Paraplanner of the Year Award
- Pierce Hanlen – Hewison and Associates (VIC)
- Kearsten James CFP – Sterling Private Wealth (QLD)
- Emma Zwaan AFP – Capital Partners (WA)
Community Service award supported by Future2 Foundation
- Amanda Cassar AFP– Wealth Planning Partners (QLD)
- Wayne Fenton AFP – Elders Financial Planning (TAS)
- Zacary Leeson CFP – HPH Solutions (WA)
FPA Professional Practice of the Year Award
- Eureka Whittaker Macnaught – Sydney (NSW)
- VISIS Private Wealth – Brisbane (QLD)
- Wotherspoon Wealth – Adelaide (SA)
FPA University Student of the Year Award
- Mary Hadgis – University of South Australia (SA)
- Mitchell Harrison – Deakin University (VIC)
- Paul Travis – Griffith University (QLD)