October 22, 2018
NEOS Life has concluded a series of appointments which have led to the creation of its underwriting team which will be headed by former BT Life Underwriting Manager, Gemma Wheeler.
Wheeler will be joined in the role by two senior underwriters, Cara Glanville and Maria Monaghan, who have also joined NEOS from BT Life.
Prior to joining NEOS, Wheeler was with BT Life for nearly six years, holding the role of National New Business and Underwriting Manager for three years and the role of NSW/ACT State Underwriting Manager. Glanville has held senior underwriting roles with Westpac and TAL, as has Monghan with BT, AMP and MLC Life.
NEOS Life also announced the line-up of its Sales team, which currently covers the eastern seaboard states but will include an on-the-ground presence in Western Australian and South Australia in the future.
The Sales team, headed by Charl du Plooy, formerly NSW State Sales Manager at TAL, includes State Managers and Business Development Managers for NSW, ACT, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Those roles have been filled by:
- Nathan Leonard – State Manager NSW/ACT, formerly Head of Partnerships & Operations at Affinia.
- Don Glendinning – State Manager VIC/TAS/SA, formerly Acting State Sales Manager at AIA.
- Brett Leonard – State Manager QLD/NT, formerly Acting Head of Sales at BT.
- Brett Madigan – Business Development Manager NSW/ACT, formerly Senior Business Development Manager at TAL.
- Eugene Badenhorst – Business Development Manager VIC/TAS/SA, formerly Business Development Manager at AIA.
- Michelle Dolan – Business Development Manager QLD/NT, formerly Client Development Manager at AIA.
NEOS Life Managing Director, Brett Yardley said the company had recruited people with leading technical capability and interpersonal skills.
“Our recruitment policy is to only recruit people who are in the top 5% of what they do. This means that customers and advisers will only ever deal with people who are experts, who aren’t afraid to pick up the phone and who are empathetic to a customer’s needs and situation,” Yardley said.