August 1, 2019
Iress has announced it will release the first of several planned updates aimed at making advice software platform Xplan simpler for users and to give them greater access to its functionality.
The changes to the platform will be in the latest release available from 2 August, the company confirmed, following more than 12 months of user input and testing globally as part of Iress’ co-design software approach, Iress Labs.
The main improvements for users include:
- Organising menus and screens so users can find what they need more quickly and perform actions on behalf of clients more efficiently
- Improved search functionality to help users get the information they need faster
- Enhanced help and assistance through a direct connection with the new Iress Community, a resource of Xplan information and support including documentation, training videos, real-time updates and access to support and tips from product experts and other Xplan users globally
Iress Product Executive, Emily Chen, says, “Our users tell us they know Xplan has deep and powerful functionality but there was an opportunity to make it simpler and easier to use.
She added they had received positive feedback from those testing the new Xplan navigation, particularly around overall user experience and search capability.
“In fact, of those users already offered the choice between the previous and new navigation, 90% have chosen the new experience and continued to use this,” Chen said.
Future Xplan improvements also revealed to be in the testing process include:
- The introduction of a client snapshot, compiling all key information about a client into one place
- Initiatives designed to simplify compliance processes and make data keying faster and easier