September 3, 2019
The biggest-ever conference for financial advisers is taking place in Australia this week, as the Million Dollar Round Table organisation rolls out its inaugural Annual Global Conference in Sydney.
This four-day adviser event has welcomed eight thousand delegates from across the world – especially from the Asia Pacific region – delivering a packed program of esteemed speakers and experts, focus sessions and a unique environment in which to share ideas and network with fellow advisers.
A particular standout of the conference has been ‘MDRT Speaks’, involving fast-paced presentations from 21 MDRT adviser members from around the world. They have shared their experience and wisdom on topics ranging from how to build lasting relationships with clients, time management, refining business processes, mentoring and changing small habits to make a big impact.
Key takeaways included:
- Build stronger, lasting client relationships through small gifts of food that is convenient, personalized and unique, a token of appreciation showing your client that you care.
- Take care of existing clients and your referrals will skyrocket and you will have more time for business. Client services gives your clients more benefits and they become happier and client management creates new experiences for them.
- The importance of individual effort but remembering the benefits of a support system and the power of determination and discipline.
- The freedom of no – knowing when to say no to prospective client to make the best use of your time and not engaging with clients who are not a good fit for your business.
- Keep a personal, daily gratitude diary and you will increase productivity, reduce stress and be happier.
- Conduct an annual SWOT analysis to determine the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to your business.
- Colour code your business activities: red = no business, yellow = admin/preparation, green = business and automatically colour code your calendar app. Staying in the green means your business is going forward.
- The 1% Change – Small changes when repeated will have a big impact on your business. Take 15 minutes per day to see how to improve an aspect of your business eg. a client meeting and you’ll be 365% better by the end of the year, with improved business processes and deeper relationships with clients.
- Insure yourself before advising anyone to personally demonstrate the value of insurance.
- The Four C’s Formula of Mentoring – Commitment, Courage, Capability, Confidence. But remember not to lead them down the easy path but to help them see what’s on the other side of the hill to forge their own path.
Look out for our wrap on the rest of the MDRT Global Conference soon.