riskinfo and its publisher Riskinfo Pty Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality and security of personal information provided by you to us. We are bound by the standard National Privacy Principles as set out by the Privacy Act.
Riskinfo Pty Ltd will use personal information provided to it only for the purpose for which it was provided, including direct contact by the operators of riskinfo.
Information Collection and Use
We will only collect personal information that is necessary for the functions or activities of riskinfo.
Personal information will not be used for any other purpose without the consent of its provider unless one of the exceptions in National Privacy Principles (NPP) 2.1 applies and Riskinfo Pty Ltd is required by law to disclose that information.
Riskinfo Pty Ltd will not sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing personal information. From time to time riskinfo subscribers may be invited to respond to surveys in which information is collected for both Riskinfo Pty Ltd and other organisations. In such cases no personal information will be disclosed by Riskinfo Pty Ltd to the surveying organisation or its client.
At the time we collect personal information or as soon as practicable afterwards, we will take reasonable steps to make an individual aware of the following:
- Why we are collecting information about the individual
- Who else we might give it to; and
- Other specified matters.
- We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information collected, use or disclosure is accurate, complete and up-to-date. This may require us to occasionally correct or update the information.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is longer needed for any purpose for which you may have used or disclosed the information.
- If a subscriber asks, we will take reasonable steps to let them know what sort of personal information we hold, what purposes we hold it for and how we collect, use and disclose that information.
- You may access any such information held that relates to you and to correct information that is inaccurate. Access and/or correction requests can be made by contacting riskinfo on 03 9809 1994 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a subscriber asks, we will give access to the personal information we hold about them unless particular circumstances apply that allow us to limit the extent to which we give access – these include emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.
Personal Information Storage and Security
Our website is a secure environment, with suitable encryption between our web server and your browser.
Security systems are in place to allow staff access to those areas of information and data that are required by their employment position. All data taken off-site is for backup purposes only and is stored in a safe facility.