Great advisers from around the country are represented in the 2019 AFA Adviser Awards, as we report this year’s grand finalists in the AFA’s Rising Star, Female Excellence in Advice and Excellence in Education Award categories.
The grand finalists in the 2019 AFA Female Excellence in Advice Awards, sponsored by TAL, are:
- Felicity Cooper: Cooper Wealth Management
- Tracey Ferguson: Ferguson Financial Planning
- Dawn Thomas: Wealthwise
- Tabitha Tworek: Insight Wealth Planning
This Awards is intended to promote positive change in the financial advice sector by encouraging more women to enter the industry and take on leadership roles. It has been championed and sponsored by TAL for the past nine years.
The 2019 AFA Rising Star grand finalists are:
- Chris Carlin (VIC): Master Your Money Now
- Victoria Devine (VIC): Zella Wealth
- Ellie Fordham (QLD): dozzi Financial Advice
- Daniel Jackson (NSW): DBK Financial Solutions
- Jade Louise McKay (WA): Essential Financial Advice
- Rebecca Maher (NSW): The Fiscal Mum
The grand finalists in the 2019 AFA Excellence in Education Award are:
- Kearsten James: Cooper Wealth Management
- Joseph Meawad: Trinity Financial Advisers
- Ben Nash: Pivot Wealth
- Nicola Schneider: Robina Financial Solutions
AFA CEO, Phil Kewin said excellence in education inspires greater adviser confidence in their own ability and greater consumer trust in advice. He said the past decade has seen an increasing focus on adviser education, which has been driven by:
- Consumer awareness
- Regulatory reform
- The collective realisation of the growing importance of professional education in its broadest sense
The winners of these Awards, together with the 2019 AFA Adviser of the Year (see: AFA Announces 2019 Adviser of the Year Grand Finalists) will be announced during the 2019 AFA Adviser Conference in Adelaide next week.