August 7, 2018
MetLife Australia has made a number of key appointments to its retail service and underwriting teams ahead of its expected re-entry into the retail advised space later this year.
The life insurer announced that it had made seven appointments across the business, of which six have been recruited from outside the organisation, and one role had been filled by a senior staffer within MetLife.
That role, the Head of Service Delivery, will be carried out by Richard Holt who was previously the Head of Sales Development at MetLife. Holt will oversee the insurer’s retail service proposition and its support for financial advisers and other intermediaries across new business, underwriting, and policy administration.
Four appointments have been made to MetLife’s underwriting team:
- Simon Dent takes on the role of National Retail Underwriting Manager for New South Wales and Queensland after moving over from his previous role as Head of Underwriting & New Business at MLC
- Adrian Young takes on the role of National Retail Underwriting Manager for Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, and Western Australia, moving from BT Financial Group where he was Victorian State Underwriting Manager
- Fiona Quinn and Hadley Fredericks have been named as Senior Retail Underwriters. Quinn was most recently Manager Underwriting Services and Operations Victoria, South Australia, and Western Australia at AMP, and Fredericks was previously a Senior Underwriter at Zurich Life and Macquarie Life and a Field Underwriter with AMP/AXA
Two appointments have been made to MetLife’s State Manager teams:
- Rachel Towell joins as State Manager New South Wales and ACT having previously spent eight years with AIA Australia, most recently as State Manager New South Wales and ACT
- Stuart White joins as State Manager Queensland moving over from his role as Senior Client Development Manager at AIA Australia.
Towell and White join Casey Sugden and Charlé Howard, who joined the MetLife retail sales team in March 2018, as Senior Sales Manager for Victoria and Tasmania and Strategic Account Manager, respectively (see: MetLife Adds to Retail Sales Team). MetLife also recently named David Campbell as its new Chief Operating Officer (see: MetLife Senior Appointment).
MetLife Australia Head of Retail Sales, Matt Lippiatt said the new appointments strengthen the capabilities of the insurer in underwriting and sales and Holt’s new role was part of its commitment to delivering a consistent end-to-end adviser experience from new business through to policy administration.
“Most importantly, our new team members all share our passion at MetLife Australia to lead the market by providing the fastest, easiest, and most caring life insurance experience for advisers and their clients,” Lippiatt said.