With five exam sittings remaining for existing advisers to sit and pass the exam, FASEA has drawn advisers’ attention to support and materials available to assist their exam preparation.
This includes a pre-exam webinar series and a statement from the authority says advisers who book to sit an exam will be invited to attend a pre-exam webinar hosted by FASEA. The webinar covers exam essentials including:
- An understanding of how the exam is constructed
- What the exam is testing
- The type of questions you can expect and how best to structure your responses
- How to use FASEA’s preparation resources
- Various tips for how to plan your study and exam day
It says there is an opportunity to ask the presenter questions at the end.
The webinar is free and will be run before each exam sitting in 2021. Only advisers who have registered for the exam will receive an e-invite.
FASEA also encourages all advisers to refer to key resources provided on its website when preparing for their exam sitting:
- FASEA FG003 Exam Preparation Guidance, which includes the detailed curriculum and a suggested reading list
- The candidate video
- Practice Questions – the FG004 Financial Adviser Exam Practice Questions, is regularly updated before each exam sitting. Advisers who have booked in for the exam may access the online version of the practice questions which is accessible via their candidate registration account.
Key information on the exam can be found here.